Monday, January 23, 2023

Pakistan suffered a huge power cut early on Monday following a breakdown in its national electricity grid, the energy ministry said. Power was out in all the country's major cities, including the biggest city Karachi, the capital Islamabad as well as Lahore and Peshawar.

Comments

They had electricity in Pakistan?

#1 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2023-01-23 06:35 AM | Reply | Funny: 3

It has to be static electricity from all the goat boinking.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2023-01-23 10:57 AM | Reply

Something else they have in common with Texasistan besides religious extremism.

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2023-01-23 11:00 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Oh no! How in the world will I find about my cars extended warranty now?

#4 | Posted by Nixon at 2023-01-23 11:00 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

"How in the world will I find about my cars extended warranty now?"

I love those calls. I haven't owned a car since January 2002.

#5 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2023-01-23 11:07 AM | Reply

After I bought the minivan I got one of those calls. Sure, tell me all about the extended warranty on a car that was repo'd and I bought at auction for a third of what the dealer charges.

Turns out they can't even sell you an extended warranty in California. So they tried to sell me a roadside assistance package and didn't even mention a warrant wasn't part of the package. Very shady business.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2023-01-23 11:10 AM | Reply

I can just see Tosser/Rigel/Tremain searching for his goat in the dark. Lighting matches and swatting at flies.

#7 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2023-01-23 01:34 PM | Reply

He better very careful I taught one of his goats to throw its voice.

He's going to end up bloinking his Pig again.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2023-01-23 01:52 PM | Reply

Pakistan is almost getting to be as third worldish as Texas and the Deep South.

#9 | Posted by moder8 at 2023-01-23 01:53 PM | Reply

While you guys are messing around with the small stuff, the big questions is . . . what happened to all those (5) dams and hydroelectric power plants China was building for Pakistan.

How long as it been now since Tosser/Rigel/Aftermath was bragging about it?

#10 | Posted by Twinpac at 2023-01-23 01:54 PM | Reply

How long as it been now since Tosser/Rigel/Aftermath was bragging about it?

I'm surprised monkeybars isn't here bragging about his backup power stuff.

#11 | Posted by REDIAL at 2023-01-23 02:29 PM | Reply

Belt & road initiative obviously paying dividends for Pakistan

#12 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2023-01-23 11:00 PM | Reply

Without electricity cousin marriage is going to only increase in Pakistan.

#13 | Posted by Tor at 2023-01-23 11:08 PM | Reply

Unlike your Madam bidness, they are working fine.

Power cuts like these don't happen because all that stuff stopped working... they happen because one part of the grid sends wrong frequency power to the other part and shoots it down.

Same thing that sometimes happens when Canada has a fault and the grid "trips" in parts of the US, taking many states offline.

I'm surprised monkeybars isn't here bragging about his backup power stuff.

Power came back late afternoon and went out again this morning.

So here I am making this post with rooftop solar power.

Bragging? Who me???

#14 | Posted by Monkeybars at 2023-01-24 02:14 AM | Reply

GEESH!

How third world can they get?

Plug in one electric car in Islamabad and the whole country blacks out!

#15 | Posted by Twinpac at 2023-01-24 02:21 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Yep. Can still hit the right nerve! LOL

#16 | Posted by Monkeybars at 2023-01-24 02:37 AM | Reply

Toss! You're still alive!

Goats have mercy!

#17 | Posted by ClownShack at 2023-01-24 03:06 AM | Reply

Power's back. This time it'll probably stick. Both of Karachi's giant reactors are back online.

And Yes ... I am indeed still alive. Thanks for caring.

i.redd.it

#18 | Posted by Monkeybars at 2023-01-24 04:13 AM | Reply

Hmmmm. Perhaps as in the USA an overloaded transformer blew up. Most likely the oil used as a coolant caught fire. Fire Protection is important. It's the main reason why Japan lost World War II. Their carriers had wooden decks and they had no fire protection sprinkler systems.

#19 | Posted by wolfdog at 2023-01-24 02:05 PM | Reply

Perhaps as in the USA an overloaded transformer blew up.

Nothing blew up. One part of the grid started fighting against another part of the grid (wrong frequency transmission) and the safety computers kicked in and shut everything down so nothing catches fire or blows up.

It was a feature not a bug. LOL

#20 | Posted by Monkeybars at 2023-01-25 08:41 AM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable