Monday, January 23, 2023

Microsoft has announced a multi-year, multibillion dollar investment in artificial intelligence (AI) as it extends its partnership with OpenAI.

Comments

From what I have been reading, ChatGPT has Google very concerned about the impact of ChatGPT upon Google's search business.

A New Chat Bot Is a 'Code Red' for Google's Search Business
www.nytimes.com

Google Calls In Help From Larry Page and Sergey Brin for A.I. Fight
www.nytimes.com

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2023-01-23 06:33 PM | Reply

Very very early days for a core component of the future, imho.

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2023-01-23 10:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't feel like I need better search than what Google has. Bing is still hot garbage though.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2023-01-23 11:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It's the conversational output that beats search results for certain tasks. Apparently it can pass a bar & medical licensing exams. You want to make an arduino widget, so you search for it, go through tutorials, github repositories, and code your own effort.. or you ask ChatGPT and it generates it all for you in seconds.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2023-01-24 08:49 AM | Reply

ChatGPT can't pass a plagiarism test.

#5 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2023-01-24 11:16 AM | Reply

Because the people that made ChatGPT also made the bot text detector for it lol.

#6 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2023-01-24 11:54 AM | Reply

"Apparently it can pass a bar & medical licensing exams. "

So, two things you've never done. Got it.

#7 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2023-01-24 08:33 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY LEGALLYYOURDEAD AT 2023-01-24 08:33 PM | REPLY

Never tried. Some of the most ------- crazy addicts I know have passed one or the other so it's not surprising one of those industries is primed to be replaced with AI. Already happened for low level work like traffic tickets.

#8 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2023-01-25 07:20 AM | Reply

Oh I get it. Aren't you the one with kids with student loan debt to become lawyers? Yeah, I'd be mad to but lashing out at me doesn't change anything.

Chat GPT just passed the bar and med school exams.

#9 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2023-01-25 07:25 AM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable