Saturday, January 28, 2023

END;

Comments

More from the cited article...

...A Chillicothe man faces up to 40 years in federal prison after being charged Wednesday in connection with the Planned Parenthood fire this month in Peoria.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2023-01-27 10:55 PM | Reply

...Tyler W. Massengill, 32, told officials investigating the case that if his "actions the night of January 15, 2023, caused 'a little delay' in a person receiving services at the PHC, his conduct may have been 'all worth it,'" according to federal court records filed Wednesday....

How do his actions fare with the laws in that area?

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2023-01-27 10:57 PM | Reply

Excellent headline!

#3 | Posted by danni at 2023-01-28 10:42 AM | Reply

Life sometimes takes on an odd tint, like it is expressing itself in a humorous way if only we could get the joke or understand the criminal. I do not understand the far right and as an atheist, I look to their pretense at following "god's orders" to be self serving nonsense.
I am Hugh Massengill, no relation as far as I know, and I think Planned Parenthood is a valuable institution in our communities. I also, being of advanced age, am very aware that in most states, crimes against property carry very high penalties. Spending say 15 years locked up in a miserable noisy dangerous jail to make a point is nuts. A few cells are not a person. Women's reproductive rights are important, their bodies are their own.
Got a grievance...non violent civil disobedience will make the same point at a much smaller cost.
But then, I am a nobody from nowhere and "god" doesn't speak to me...so what do I know.
Hugh Massengill

#4 | Posted by Hughmass at 2023-01-29 06:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Just more right wing "Legitimate Political Discourse"

#5 | Posted by Sycophant at 2023-01-29 12:00 PM | Reply

I have remembered the brand name of a douche, Massengill. Is this guy's name appropriate, or what!?!

#6 | Posted by john47 at 2023-01-29 12:01 PM | Reply

John,

What.

Unless I am misreading your comment, it is the only comment in this discussion, so far, that falls under the heading "douche".

Hugh,

Welcome, ignore the azzhats.

Ever notice how many of the people who do this kind of nonsense are so certain that they are right? It doesn't matter what type of ideology, religious/political/social, they share that characteristic. They are right, any who disagree are wrong and thus evil, therefore any actions on their part are justified.

#7 | Posted by Killjoy at 2023-01-29 06:13 PM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable