Thursday, September 21, 2023

After a 23-year-old woman was struck and killed by a cop car, the officer called his union leader. The body cam caught the union leader, who responded to the scene, talking to another leader where the leader laughed and talked about the young woman's limited value.

Comments

Anyone wanna do a little over/under for how many,,,,, "people", I guess, need to "wait for the full report"?

#1 | Posted by tres_flechas at 2023-09-21 05:24 PM | Reply

I think I'll trust my own ears. That cop who said that and laughed is a piece of filth and should be immediately fired and pyosecuted?; I don't think he broke any laws but he has brought disrepute to that entire police dept.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2023-09-21 05:56 PM | Reply

ACAB

#3 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2023-09-21 06:30 PM | Reply

AULAB

#4 | Posted by sentinel at 2023-09-21 07:42 PM | Reply

Cap a cop for Jeebus.

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2023-09-21 09:48 PM | Reply

I read about this a few days ago. I mean how cold can you be? These are the guys out there "protecting" society.

#6 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2023-09-22 08:31 AM | Reply

"I mean how cold can you be?"

This type of dark humor is common among first responders who see s@#T (multiple times) that many of you will never see once. Most people would fold the first time.

This is a coping mechanism.

#7 | Posted by RomeoAlpha at 2023-09-22 09:27 AM | Reply

Don't be fooled by the cop's explanation for his behavior. He might save himself from some discipline. What really should be concerning is that his recorded words, facetious or not, are true. His words are an indictment of the entire system of law enforcement. Everyone from the police to their unions and politicians, prosecutors and the citizenry are all too eager to surrender their rights and look the other when law enforcement steps out of line. Anyone willing to look the other way when cops break the same rules they are supposed to enforcement is complicit in upholding the blue wall of silence.

#8 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2023-09-22 01:17 PM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable