Wednesday, December 06, 2023

"This is the proudest and happiest I've ever felt, and the most creatively fulfilled and free I've ever been," she said in an interview announcing her award.

Comments

Taylor Swift joins the pantheon of other Time People of the Year such as Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Richard Nixon, and Ayatollah Khomeini.

#1 | Posted by censored at 2023-12-06 11:25 AM | Reply

She has had quite a year.

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2023-12-06 11:29 AM | Reply

Taylor Swift joins the pantheon of other Time People of the Year such as

The American fighting-man / The American soldier (1950 and 2003)
The Hungarian freedom fighter (1956)
U.S. scientists (1960)
Winston Churchill (1940)
Elizabeth II (1952)

#3 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2023-12-06 12:47 PM | Reply

Trump will be beside himself he didn't win it. He'll be complaining before long about how it was a rigged vote.

#4 | Posted by BBQ at 2023-12-06 02:55 PM | Reply

Actually, I was told it was George Santos.

#5 | Posted by moder8 at 2023-12-06 03:06 PM | Reply

Good for her, she's changed American football.

#4 BBQ you need new material.

#6 | Posted by oneironaut at 2023-12-06 03:10 PM | Reply

Actually Fat Donnie Loser needs new material.

You commie stooge.

#7 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2023-12-06 04:55 PM | Reply

Taylor is America's sweetheart and I'm not even a fan of her music.

#8 | Posted by a_monson at 2023-12-07 12:15 AM | Reply

Taylor Swift has triggered the pathetic righty incels.

www.rawstory.com

#9 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2023-12-07 03:03 PM | Reply

I'm fairly happy that I really only know her as Kelce's girlfriend, the singer.

The b & w photo at the link, though, reminds me of some of the Hollywood actresses from the 30's and 40's... when my grandparents were young.

Rita Heyworth, Lauren Beacal, the Hepburn's, Ingrid Berman, Hedy Lamar (no, not THAT one!).

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2023-12-07 03:50 PM | Reply

It's Hedley.

#11 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2023-12-07 07:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

@#6 ... she's changed American football. ...

How has she changed American football?

And I have a followup, why the apparent need in your comment about "American football?"

Americans don't say, "American football" in casual conversation.

Aren't you an American?

(I know, that may be a stupid question...)

#12 | Posted by LampLighter at 2023-12-07 10:04 PM | Reply

#12 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

I don't know about changing football as we know it. However, she's brought her entire Fandom under the NFL umbrella, which no one else could have accomplished other than her.

#13 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2023-12-07 10:06 PM | Reply

Because foreign football is soccer.

#14 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2023-12-07 10:13 PM | Reply

How has she changed American football?
- Gaslighter

#15 | Posted by oneironaut at 2023-12-07 10:19 PM | Reply

Aren't you an American?
- gaslighter

Not yet. But soon. Thanks for asking.

#16 | Posted by oneironaut at 2023-12-07 10:20 PM | Reply

#14 exactly, bless those that aren't myopic.

Nice to meet you Laura.

#17 | Posted by oneironaut at 2023-12-07 10:21 PM | Reply

I'm fairly happy that I really only know her as Kelce's girlfriend, the singer.
- Corky

You're lying, or ignorant about Americans.

#18 | Posted by oneironaut at 2023-12-07 10:23 PM | Reply

No, just not a giggly, pimple-faced prima donna like yourself.

#19 | Posted by Corky at 2023-12-07 10:26 PM | Reply

Deplorable Tears Named Tears Of The Year.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2023-12-07 10:27 PM | Reply

@#15 ... I can tell people that don't actually watch football when they expose themselves ..

I notice that your current alias did not answer my seemingly simple question.

Instead it seems to have gone off on some ad hominem attack mode.

Whatever.

#21 | Posted by LampLighter at 2023-12-07 10:29 PM | Reply

Many of us actually played the game, from Pop Warner League on up.

But our little non-citizen poster watches it, so he's the expert.

#22 | Posted by Corky at 2023-12-07 10:37 PM | Reply

@#13 ... However, she's brought her entire Fandom under the NFL umbrella ...

Well, I may disagree about the "entire fandom" aspect, but yeah. She has brought more attention to the NFL, significantly more attention.

But why in #6 "American football" and not "the NFL?"

That observation seems to have struck a nerve with the current alias that posted #6.

#23 | Posted by LampLighter at 2023-12-07 10:37 PM | Reply

She has brought more attention to the NFL, significantly more attention.

And that's just a tabloid point. She's also running a hugely popular world tour and is now a billionaire. She may well break Elton John's Yellow Brick Road tour for revenue.

Her tour movie alone has grossed $250 Million. She has not one, but two Dassault private jets. And she's kinda hot.

I'm almost, but not quite, tempted to buy the concert movie just to see what all the hubbub is about.

#24 | Posted by REDIAL at 2023-12-07 10:55 PM | Reply

So Kelce is dating a billionaire?

What's this world coming to, lol.

No wonder Chiefs are struggling...

#25 | Posted by Corky at 2023-12-07 11:05 PM | Reply

@#24 ... And that's just a tabloid point ...

Yup.

This year she has had an awesome year.

Now she needs to think about 2024, 2025, etc.

But has she changed "American football?"

I don't see a change in the NFL that she has caused.

#26 | Posted by LampLighter at 2023-12-07 11:27 PM | Reply

But has she changed "American football?"

No, it's just a Kardashian moment.

#27 | Posted by REDIAL at 2023-12-07 11:35 PM | Reply

"Now she needs to think about 2024, 2025, etc."

She's a frickin' billionaire. Do you live under an overpass and steal wifi from the local Starbucks?

#28 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2023-12-08 02:47 PM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2024 World Readable