Saturday, December 09, 2023

A US senator has called for a government investigation into the impact on national security of garlic imports from China.

Comments

Well, I'm glad I've never cared for garlic. I don't eat it in my Italian dishes or any other kind of dishes that call for it. I leave it out.

:-)

#1 | Posted by keystone at 2023-12-09 12:26 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Well, I'm glad I've never cared for garlic.

Philistine. One of my signature stir fries is what I call "Too Much Garlic Chicken".

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2023-12-09 12:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Buy California garlic.

It's great.

Made in America.

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2023-12-09 01:54 AM | Reply

I LOVE garlic, except one time probably 15 years ago when my mom cooked a family dinner that called for 3 cloves of garlic. She didn't know what a "clove" was. She used 3 heads of garlic. We could smell it as we were about to pull into the driveway. Wow!

#4 | Posted by BellRinger at 2023-12-09 02:09 AM | Reply

"One of my signature stir fries is what I call "Too Much Garlic Chicken".

#2 | POSTED BY REDIAL AT 2023-12-09 12:46 AM"

I saw this after I posted #4. She made a chicken dish and to this day we still bring it up and refer to it as "garlic chicken".

#5 | Posted by BellRinger at 2023-12-09 02:10 AM | Reply

She used 3 heads of garlic.

Well you didn't have to worry about vampires, did you? :-)

#6 | Posted by REDIAL at 2023-12-09 02:19 AM | Reply

REDIAL

LOL LOL LOL LOL!!

#7 | Posted by keystone at 2023-12-09 06:11 AM | Reply

This is bigger than Nixon with Chambers's pumpkin, from the patch, with the microfilm!

#8 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2023-12-09 06:40 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

What's next? TP?

#9 | Posted by fresno500 at 2023-12-09 08:49 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Gilroy salutes you.

#10 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2023-12-09 02:40 PM | Reply

I should go to the garlic festival.

#11 | Posted by ClownShack at 2023-12-09 02:41 PM | Reply

Republicans, unwilling to do anything to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those with severe mental illness but they'll protect you from garlic.
And of course it is Rick Scott pushing this. The guy looks like a vampire.

#12 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2023-12-09 03:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

thestinkingrose.com

If you love Garlic from nearby Gilroy
"We season our garlic with food."

#13 | Posted by mattm at 2023-12-09 05:59 PM | Reply

I live near Gilroy, and I can tell you American garlic is soooooo much better than Chinese garlic.

Also ever have garlic ice cream? mmm mmm good!

#14 | Posted by oneironaut at 2023-12-09 07:13 PM | Reply

I should go to the garlic festival.
~ ClownShack

Let me know I'll meet you there, I am only about 5miles from Gilroy.

#15 | Posted by oneironaut at 2023-12-09 07:14 PM | Reply

"it is Rick Scott pushing this. The guy looks like a vampire."

Damn... I was just about to post the same thing!

#16 | Posted by sentinel at 2023-12-10 02:11 PM | Reply

"thestinkingrose.com"

I thought that restaurant was in Los Angeles (almost went there when I visited over a decade ago), but I see that location is listed as permanently closed.

#17 | Posted by sentinel at 2023-12-10 02:15 PM | Reply

Covid sucks.

#18 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2023-12-10 11:06 PM | Reply

One of my signature stir fries is what I call "Too Much Garlic Chicken".

#2 | POSTED BY REDIAL

That isn't possible because there's no such thing as too much garlic.

Especially if it's roasted first.

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2023-12-11 12:35 PM | Reply

#4 I usually use a whole head per dish. Most recipes drastically under use garlic, which should be 2 cloves per serving at a minimum.

#20 | Posted by jpw at 2023-12-11 12:37 PM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2024 World Readable