Tuesday, July 09, 2024

Target tells its customers to expect more while paying less -- but soon, its shoppers won't be able to purchase anything at all with a once-popular form of payment.

Comments

... waning use of personal checks, a form of payment that 9 in 10 consumers used at least once a year as recently as 2009 ...

I remember those days in the checkout line. Nowadays, I rarely see someone paying by check. By rarely, once a month would be a lot.

Having to wait while a person writes out the check, and then gives it to the cashier. Only to have the cashier give it back to the customer because there was an error on the check. So the process starts over.

I say kudos to Target for helping the checkout lines moving more smoothly.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2024-07-09 01:00 PM | Reply

If you're writing personal checks holding up the line at the store in 2024 you're an -----.

#2 | Posted by qcp at 2024-07-09 02:38 PM | Reply

Paying for purchases at stores with a personal check?

What is this, the 1980s?

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2024-07-09 02:44 PM | Reply

Get a money order.

#4 | Posted by sentinel at 2024-07-09 03:33 PM | Reply

Perhaps try bartering.

#5 | Posted by ClownShack at 2024-07-09 04:17 PM | Reply

Get a money order.

#4 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

So you know beforehand exactly how much your purchases will cost.

---- you are stupid.

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2024-07-09 04:50 PM | Reply

Interestly, I do use my checking account numbers periodically online. Usually only write checks to someone I hire to work at my house so I have a record. They prefer cash or check and I never pay with cash.

#7 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2024-07-10 04:39 PM | Reply

#7 Every time you wrote a check to some random contractor, you are not only giving them your entire checking account number and billing address, you are making it riskier for them to forego claiming it as income and keep more of their money, which i'm betting most of them would prefer. Congrats?

#8 | Posted by JOE at 2024-07-10 05:02 PM | Reply

"So you know beforehand exactly how much your purchases will cost."

LOL. Why wouldn't I?

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2024-07-12 12:41 AM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2024 World Readable