A New York lawyer is facing a court hearing of his own after his firm used AI tool ChatGPT for legal research. A judge said the court was faced with an "unprecedented circumstance" after a filing was found to reference example legal cases that did not exist. The lawyer who used the tool told the court he was "unaware that its content could be false". read more
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has won another five years in power in Turkey's election read more
NOAA forecasters with the Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service, predict near-normal hurricane activity in the Atlantic this year. NOAA's outlook for the 2023 Atlantic hurricane season, which goes from June 1 to November 30, predicts a 40% chance of a near-normal season, a 30% chance of an above-normal season and a 30% chance of a below-normal season. read more
The White House and House Republicans have an agreement in principle on a deal to raise the debt ceiling and cap spending, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy confirmed Saturday, moving the nation one step back from the brink of a historic default.
An engineering chief at Twitter says he is leaving the company a day after the launch of Ron DeSantis' US presidential campaign on the platform was hit with technical glitches. Foad Dabiri tweeted: "After almost four incredible years at Twitter, I decided to leave the nest yesterday." read more
Twice a year, the surprisingly accurate NOAA storm prediction winds Boaz up like a top.
Next one in August... stay tuned!
one of them angry enough to call for a vote to have him booted out of his Speakership.
Probably the first order of business on Tuesday.
Yet you all on the left loved him for his ruling which allowed obamacare to get through.
And you all on the right wanted him murdered in his sleep for that.
Good thing Granholm wants all of our military vehicles to be all electric by 2030.
Actually, an "all-electric, light-duty, non-tactical vehicle fleet" is what they said. So basically staff cars.
June 1 through November
Yep. September is usually the busiest month. There was talk a few years ago of starting it at the beginning of May to accommodate the changes in storm activity.
In Texas, no attorney general has ever been impeached and removed from office. The only two elected officials to lose office as a result of impeachment were Gov. James Ferguson in 1917 and District Judge O.P. Carrillo in 1975.
For Paxton to be removed from office, two-thirds of the Texas Senate's members who are present will have to vote to convict him. His wife, Angela Paxton, is a state senator representing a Dallas-area district.
It's not yet clear when the Senate, where Republicans have a 19-12 majority over Democrats, will conduct its trial. The state's legislative session is scheduled to end Monday.
I'd say his chances look pretty good.
and the gop majority house voted to impeach paxton
Now they just need 9 GOP Senators to vote to convict and they have something.
except that so far no one in the Boebert household has shot the other.
They might just be lousy shots?
No sane Democrat wants Trump to be the GOP nominee AGAIN.
Neither do sane Republicans, but they are a rarity these days. They are pretty much stuck with him.
You probably broke 18 or 20 laws on your way to and from work in the last 3 days.
You think Klem Claudiddlhopper works?
it is more like a toxic swamp due to the combination of ------- liberals and granny-panty drippings that fill that office.
But enough about Kevin McCarthy.
Whistleblower has cut off communication with the Senate Finance Committee even as he prepares to testify before a GOP-led House panel.
Obviously as the Founders intended.
no shortening of sentence due to 'good behavior'
I think the best he can do is clip two and a halfish years off that.
Trump will likely live to be a hundred as well.
In much the same way as Gregor Clegane.