Advertisement

Drudge Retort: The Other Side of the News
Friday, May 22, 2026

Damning new data from inside the Pentagon suggests that U.S. forces are currently expending more resources defending Israel from missile strikes than Israeli forces themselves.

More

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Trump: "I'm right now at 99% in Israel. I could run for prime minister, so maybe after I do this, I'll go to Israel and run for prime minister."

[image or embed]

-- Aaron Rupar (@atrupar.com) 9:41 AM · May 20, 2026

Comments

Admin's note: Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.

More: Three officials with knowledge of Defense Department assessments told The Washington Post on Thursday that the lopsided effort "underscores the extent to which Washington has shouldered the burden of countering Iranian ballistic missile strikes during Operation Epic Fury."

U.S. forces, according to those assessments, have used up to half their total inventory of certain high-altitude interceptor systems, while Israel has deployed its own at a slower rate.

"The numbers are striking," Kelly Grieco, a senior fellow at D.C. think tank the Stimson Center, told the Post.

"The United States absorbed most of the missile defense mission while Israel conserved its own magazines," she went on, adding that the rate of use had left production unable to "keep pace with demand."

The situation has apparently sparked alarm among American allies in Asia, particularly South Korea and Japan, which depend on U.S. anti-missile defense systems to deter attacks from hostile states such as China and North Korea.

#1 | Posted by qcp at 2026-05-22 10:26 AM | Reply

This is a very good time for any external enemy to attack us or our vital interests.

One of the reasons they have not so far is the sure knowledge that Trump will provided them with very good times that are even better.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2026-05-22 10:34 AM | Reply

Asymmetric warfare is easier when you can get someone else to fight it for you.
Signed,
Zionists

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2026-05-22 12:07 PM | Reply

The specific breakdown of the 42 reported aircraft losses includes:
24 MQ-9 Reaper drones
7 KC-135 Stratotanker refueling aircraft
4 F-15E Strike Eagle fighter jets
2 MC-130J Commando II aircraft
1 F-35A Lightning II stealth fighter
1 A-10 Thunderbolt II attack aircraft
1 E-3 Sentry AWACS surveillance aircraft
1 MQ-4C Triton surveillance drone
1 HH-60W Jolly Green II combat rescue helicopter

7 refueling tankers? Wow!

And this is only what we could uncover. Don't hear Trumpy mention any of that.

Those Iranians had done some real damage for a bunch of weak divided losers with no military capabilities.

The first casualty in any war is the Truth

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2026-05-22 12:56 PM | Reply

3 of the F-15E shot down by one Kuwaiti princess.
5 KC-135 mission killed (but eventually fixable) on the tarmac, 2 to a midair.
Both MC-130J destroyed by US forces after landing in Iran and being unable to take off because the field was too soft and they got stuck.

I don't think we've seen airframe losses on this scale in 35 years.

#5 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2026-05-22 01:29 PM | Reply

"I don't think we've seen airframe losses on this scale in 35 years."

This is what I voted for.
--Boaz

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2026-05-22 02:10 PM | Reply

The following HTML tags are allowed in comments: a href, b, i, p, br, ul, ol, li and blockquote. Others will be stripped out. Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.

Anyone can join this site and make comments. To post this comment, you must sign it with your Drudge Retort username. If you can't remember your username or password, use the lost password form to request it.
Username:
Password:

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy

Drudge Retort